Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Where have I been?

Well - Japan, Australia, Birmingham.....and a serious diversion to that place called fatherhood, again. And Milo makes four. Quite amazing, really.
Lovely to be here in the suburbs, there's something peaceful about it all.
Familiar too, seeing as I was born just up the road. I'm learning to get out and about on my bike, too: I'll be healthy if it kills me.....
Today's listening pleasure comes from Winter Hours, something quite wonderful sent my way from my old friend Moe.
For those of you who may want to read my musings because of my connections to the band, I can tell you all now - I'm working INCREDIBLY hard on getting that programme of remasters and reissues sorted. As soon as there's news, I'll let you all know.
I'll leave you with this, I think. One of those random songs that popped onto the car stereo this morning, as I was doing my daily journey to pick up bits'n'bobs for the little boy. OK, it's nominally about Winter - but it has a sonic palette that equally suits a sunny summer morning.



No comments: