Sunday, August 01, 2010

One meal down....

And another to go. There's an informal lunch celebration today, for Pip's birthday, in a pub round the corner. I can't imagine it will scale the heights of last nights meal, which was fantastic! I had a Broad Bean and Rocket salad, topped with a crispy wafer of Pecorino, then a wondrous pasta course: Tortellini in Brodo. When it's done right, this is one of my favourite Italian dishes - simple, yet packed with complex flavours. Main course was Calves Liver, with pine nuts, spinach and sultanas, and I finished with a selection of cheeses and honeys. Yes, honeys. A plate of seven different jars arrived, and each had it's own character. Nice bottle of Greco Di Tufo, some port....
All in all, just perfect.
I'm having a small breakfast today.

No comments: