Monday, March 03, 2008

I'm not normally swayed by advertising...

But I ended up buying The Times and The Sunday Times this weekend, purely to get the free CD-Roms of Monopoly and Scrabble that were attached to the front. Monopoly, particularly, is utterly fantastic, and the experience of playing versus the computer means you can rattle through the game nice and quick (no more of those interminable games I played as a kid- which always ended up in huge arguments) . I'm starting to formulate a strategy to win the game; it's fairly simple, viz:
1) Buy EVERYTHING
2) Get all the railways
3) Get the Orange set
4) Sod Park Lane and Mayfair
5) Likewise, Old Kent Road

1 comment:

Tim said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has happy childhood memories of family Monopoly games descending into chaos.

To this day I'm ribbed mercilously for the massive strops I'd throw when I lost!