Monday, October 01, 2007

Another year older....

...and deeper in debt *sighs*
The weekend was notable for a number of things, but top of the list were:
  1. My First Home Chelsea game of the season. Due to a combination of bad luck and prior engagements, Chelsea v. Fulham was the first time I'd been back in my seat (Matthew Harding upper, just to the left of the goal). We were awful, so there was a Little bit of a bittersweet taste in my mouth. Also leaving a taste were the new pies (there's been a bit o a catering overhaul). The steak pies are now square, not round: the filling tastes more homemade, but not quite as good as the old pies. the Bovril tastes exactly the same.
  2. I got a pair Of Doc Martins! When I was a kid, they were the one pair of shoes I coveted more than any other, and my love affair with the brand never really stopped, it's just that I forgot about them for a while. Plus, I've lived in trainers for years, so I think it was about time I had some sturdy footwear. I got a pair of cherry-red low tops, and in true hooligan fashion, immediately polished them using BLACK polish, so they turn into the colour of a wonderfully livid bruise (how apt).

3 comments:

Kev said...

Happy Birthday you old bugger. You really should be checking out a nice comfortable pair of Clarks these days.

Unknown said...

Penblywd Hapus, albeit a bit late.

Patrick Moule said...

DMs really are the world's finest shoe. I'ved been wearing them since I was 13 (for ten years, that is) - to school, university, funerals, interviews, clubbing, work. There is no occasion they do not suit.