Tuesday, October 16, 2007

And while we're doing nostalgia....

This photo is from a history of the Wonderstuff that I've been checking out online. That picture must have been taken some time in 1987, when I was working at Rough Trade/Slam City. Martin and Miles were regular visitors to Slam, and I used to give them free clothes- Martin and Malc are wearing the shirts I gave them...
I'd not seen this photo for 20 years, but seeing it now, I can remember handing those shirts over, checking the sizes (Martin wanted a red shirt in XL)...
It's very hard for me to think that Martin is no longer with us; I loved him to bits, and seeing things like this always leave me a little tearful. RIP, fella, I love you to bits.
x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's sad to see how the Stuffies have been airbrushed out of British music history. There's about three or four years where nothing is considered worthy of note between Pill, Thrills'n'Bellyaches and Definitely Maybe in the hagiographies that pass for documentary. They were first band I ever went to see back when you still got interesting bills with bands who weren't all trying to sound like each other. Eight Legged Groove Machine is a phenomenal debut album, Whenever I heard it now it still fizzes with energy and the playing on it is immaculately sharp.