Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Wistful.....

I'm always somewhat wistful at this time of year, and I'm never exactly sure why. It's probably got something to do with my upcoming birthday, but more than that, it seems to be a reaction to the passing of the year. The end of summer and the resultant darkening of leaves; the swelling horse chestnuts teeming on the ends of ever-more drooping branches- the same ones I would spend all day lugging sticks at when I was a kid- all of these things seem to make me realise that the birth of another year means the death of its predecessor. Autumn is a time for reflection and introspection; and it's always been that way.

2 comments:

Philbo Bagginz said...

spring has become my favourite season of the year - from the first sight of buds appearing you know the days will be getting longer and warmer.
I really honed into this 2 years ago when I started growing chillis and veg out the back.

Iain Baker said...

Growing your own chillis? Now i'm jealous!