Monday, May 16, 2005

And I've got 1, 2, 3, 4 , 5......

..Senses working overtime.
That's my day today.
Seeing : A huge crowd of people doing some lunchtime Tai Chi in the graveyard of St Anns in Soho. It's such an antidote to the random, whirling vortex that is the centre of Soho, to see people gently windmilling... Slowing the pace of the city around them.
Hearing: Children playing in the playground of the school I walk past on my way to Brighton Station. It's a sound that never fails to bring a smile whilst simultaneously reminding you that every year your childhood gets further and further away.
Smelling: Fresh cut grass on the verges of Dyke Road (again, on the way to the station)
Touching: Went to the Record and Tape Exchange on my way through Soho (no surprise there), and had to give a second opinion on an old Disco 12" that a member of staff was buying. Felt the vinyl flexing in my hands, running my index finger over the mastering stamp to try and ascertain if it was legit (wasn't a stamp I was familiar with)
Tasting: Some fine, salty Edamame for my lunch.

It's a beautiful world and when your senses are pinging like this, it's not just a pleasure, it's a privilege

No comments: